Bespoke 1930s inspired dress in silk chiffon or velvet.
Design 1 - bias cut dress with cowl neckline, flutter sleeves and fitted waist. Tie sash to create small train t the back of the dress. Panel cut hips and bias cut skirt. Covered button trim at the back, to fasten at the side of the waist.
Design 2 - bias cut dress with cowl neckline and structured under bodice. Low cut back with covered button trim. Silk chiffon sash belt and fitted hips with full bias cut skirt. Cut to ankle length at the front laving a small train at the back than can be altered later.
silk chiffon or silk velvet £350
Lining fabrics and components: £100
Labour: 40 hours £800
To include 3 fittings
Major changes to the design may incur additional costs.
Your dress will be exclusively designed and made for you in Wells with highest the quality fabrics, sourced in the UK. Prices may be lower or higher depending on exact fabrics and will be adjusted accordingly.
Tuesday 10th January
phone call regarding design and swatches
-pink from bennet silks
-ordered pink and silver velvet samples from beckford silks along with a pink silk georgette
-preferred design option two with no paneling and no front sash
-looking at Jean Harlow 1930s gowns
-cross over option for front or even wrap design
-option of silver and pink together
- to confirm design and fabrics in February
- 1st fitting to have structured bodice and lining as a slip/base dress and to drape bodice over.
- new sketch to do with cross over and panels removed.
Saturday 18th February
- deposit paid
- fabrics chose - grey silk velvet with blush pink sash and lining in sandwashed silk crepe.
- measurements taken
- veil option to be made up for fitting. Simple, unedged, full length